8.13.2007

Moving On

When do we know that it's time to move on? To pick up, and leave our nice comfortable station in life for one less sure; for one where we dont know what could happen?
This is the problem facing me right now.

Should I stick out my room mate situation, not being able to have friends over, not being able to have friends call, and being constantly made to feel like im not doing a good enough job, in the hope everything will get better and settle down? If I decided to stay, I could probably find a job easily, and Id have a place to stay, but how long can my sanity last in that place? I might end up back where I was a couple years ago, beating up on myself so badly...mentally and physically.

Maybe I should take my Aunt up on her offer, and move to Alta., take my first few years of post secondary at Red Deer College, and get a job where the minimum wage is usually atleast 11$ an hour. But then I'd be leaving a couple really close friends...not to mention a new boyfriend, cutting that relationship off before it can really go anywhere.

I could pack up and come back home to Melly, move in back at home, and work at my current job. But that just has all kinds of trouble. Yeah, its an easy job, with gauranteed hours, but I really dont think its for me. That and then Id be taking over my mom's hours and she'd have to go back to working casual. And how healthy is it for me to give up and move back home? Especially to this little shit town...

So here I am, about 2,000$ short from being able to pick up and move where ever I want... So where do I go from here? And what do I sacrifice on my way forward? My sanity? My friends and my boyfriend? My freedom? How can I really choose...

No comments: