8.20.2007

Three's Company

What do you do when the question of sharing comes up? What do you say when your boyfriend starts talking about wanting to do something your not comfortable about? Where is the line between making someone you love happy, and sacrificing your comfort?

You see, we've just started going out, and already he's brought up the idea of involving another person. But i'm barely even comfortable with myself, let alone being with him. He said its fine if I dont want to do it, but he keeps bringing it up, keeps saying, 'well what if you choose the person?' 'what if its a guy?' But that doesnt make me anymore comfortable with the idea. And the fact he keeps bringing it up makes me feel like i'm not good enough for him, like he wants more. He didnt even say 'I love you' today when we hung up.

Besides the fact I'm feeling inadequate in that way, I feel like he doesnt even want to make the effort to be with me. Yeah, I know he was grounded (and i'm not sure if it annoys me that he's letting his parents tell him what he can and cant do) so he couldn't see me the 3 times i've been in the city, but shouldnt he atleast make an effort? And what about the fact that he won't stand up to his parents and come see me? Am I going to have to do all the work if I want this to turn out?

So what do I do? What do I say? And How...or when...do I end it?

No comments: